I was graced with the sweet surprise of being nominated for an award here on WordPress. Ignite Truth has nominated me for a favorite blog award, and just the thought of someone viewing my blog so kindly is a true gift all of its own. What a treasure! Thank you so much, Ted!
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. What motivated you to start writing?
My motivation to write lies in my love for God, my love for people, and my love for words. I believe there is much power in words, especially to relate and encourage both the reader and the writer. It’s therapeutic and artistic all at once! What a gift!
2. Are you working on writing any books, if so what about?
I’d love to write a book someday! That is such an exciting hope and dream. But as of right now, I am not working on one.
3. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?
When I am well enough, I’d like to travel to China or a neighboring Asian country. I value the beauty of the country and people, but also feel drawn to them for service work, especially in human trafficking. It’s also one of my most treasured dreams to a adopt a child someday, and Asia is on my heart for that.
4. If you could write for any magazine which would it be or would you start from scratch?
I’d like to write for an inspirational magazine or a health magazine, but I also wouldn’t mind creating one that encompasses both those topics with the help of some wonderful writers 🙂
5. When life is rough what do you do to find some peace in the storm?
I spend time with Jesus, sharing my grief and accepting His loving kindness. Spending time reading my Bible brings comfort and healing to my every ache and pain in this life. I also find peace and comfort in spending time with family and friends, having heart to heart talks, and spending time out nature, and helping others. I also find tiny treasures like inspirational books, cozy clothes and blankets, and warm tea soothing. There is so much good to focus on. Gratitude is key.
6. Who would you most like to meet, past or present?
This is a tough one! There are so many wonderful people I’d love to meet. I’d like to meet Mary Magdalene most of all. It would be so incredible to hear her stories of Jesus, since she loved Him and experienced His grace so profoundly.
7. Who do you admire in today’s world?
I admire those who love, believe, hope, and endure in the face of despair. People who allow pain to deepen their compassion, and darkness to brighten their inner light, and facing trials to deepen their character and fuel their faith. I especially admire those who use their lives to love and serve others, starting a ripple effect. The perfect example of this kind of person is my dear friend Kathryn, God bless her 🙂
8. If you could change one thing in the world, other than world peace and hunger, what would it be?
I’d like all the world to know Christ personally and have an open heart to His grace and the beauty of His teachings.
9. Sunsets or sunrises and why?
Both are lovely, but I think there’s a special peace to ending your day with a sunset. I like to reflect, and think sunsets are perfect for that.
10. Were you ever told that you could not achieve a certain goal and did it anyway?
I don’t think I was ever audibly told that, but my illness likes to tell me that I can’t achieve things every day, and with God, faith, and creativity, I still do 🙂
Here are my nominees for the reward:
First, I’d like to renominate Ted at Ignite Truth, and my sweet friend Carly at All For Him. Both of these bloggers write about Christ in the midst of trials with differing illnesses, and I’m inspired by both of their faithful writing. For the remaining places, I nominate:
My CFS Life
We Are Gospel Girls
Chronic Illness Pain Daily Devotionals
A Univeral Love
1 Timothy 4:12
Finding My Inner Courage
Someone’s Idea of Luxury
Congratulations! You are all such wonderful writers and I am truly inspired by your faith, authenticity, and openness. You are truly generous. You do not have to accept this award, but please accept the acknowledgement of your great work. If you’d like to be removed, please let me know and I will kindly take you off. Here is a guide on accepting your award!
Here are my questions for you:
1. Is there a specific cause or ministry you feel passionately drawn to? If so, what is it, and why?
2. What is your favorite book? (You are also most welcome to share your favorite quote from that book!)
3. If you could share only once piece of advice and encouragement with aching hearts in the world today, what would it be?
4. How would you describe the person dearest to you?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. Which year (or season) of your life has had the deepest impact on you as a person?
7. What traits do you admire most in others?
8. Who inspires you?
9. What do you feel especially interested in? Whether for personal interest, studies, or hobbies.
10. What is one of the most valuable lessons your illness has taught you? (If you are not chronically ill, what is one of the most valuable lessons a personal struggle has taught you?)
You are also more than welcome to answer these questions if you are a reader who is not on the list! I’d love to hear your answers 🙂